SALES AND MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE
DIGITAL AND RADIO ADVERTISING
PREVIOUS OUTSIDE ADVERTISING MEDIA SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is familiar with local businesses in our North Texas hometowns. Help grow local business, work with community organizations to increase awareness and make a difference in the area our stations serve. Earn additional incentives including gasoline, meals, tickets to concerts and sporting events.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS: Candidates need to be prepared to show:
· Examples of previous long term successful selling in on-line, digital, radio, newspaper or magazine.
· History of working well with others, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win.
· Passion, high energy, and enough self motivation to win over new accounts and build lasting relationships.
JOB SUMMARY: Develop new business by being the primary client contact. Includes but not limited to:
· Prospecting. Setting appointments. Making presentations. Closing business.
· Working with copy and scripts for radio commercials and elements for on-line and web projects
· Manage daily activity in CRM system
REQUIREMENTS: Includes but not limited to:
· Current valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and state inspection
· Must be able to get to work on time every morning in McKinney and 2-3 times a week drive to Sherman
area to make sales calls.
· Above average computer and internet skills.
· Good sense of humor and a positive attitude. Be able to work full time.
· Ability to learn formalized sales training system, take direction and execute systems.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Creative skills needed to develop business for our radio stations and internet based products.
· Ambition, work intensity, responsibility, strong communication and problem-solving skills.
If you believe you meet these criteria, reply via e-mail or send your resume and cover letter to David Smith - General Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
WE'RE LOOKING FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS TO FILL INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
This internship will provide students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a radio station environment. It is a great way to gain specific skills and knowledge through hands-on experience, as well as make contacts and build confidence. Having related work experience gives you an edge over other candidates in a competitive job market. As an intern for KLAK/KMKT/KMAD, you will assist in all aspects of implementation and on-site coordination of promotions, marketing, and interactive development.
To become a promotions intern for Alpha Media North Texas you must:
· Currently be a college student in a related field
· Provide a copy of a letter from your institution as proof of your enrollment
· Must agree to a commitment to KLAK/KMKT/KMAD to be available for the entire duration of the internship
· Be available weekdays and weekends, flexible
· Work in a team environment
· Provide a high standard of excellence, be dependable and possess a positive, professional attitude
· FRONT DESK RECEPTION TO HANDLE LISTENER PHONE CALLS AND CONTEST WINNERS VISITING STATION.
· SUPPORT WITH OUR LOCAL PROMOTIONS, COMMUNITY AFFAIRS AND SPECIAL EVENTS ACTIVITIES.
· COMMUNITY CALENDAR INVOLVEMENT (ON AIR AND ONLINE) AND OTHER TASKS AS ASSIGNED.
· ACTUAL SCHEDULE TO BE ARRANGED WITH QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.
This is an unpaid internship, however, you can earn college credit and make valuable contacts for future endeavors with this experiential opportunity. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: Caroline Kane, Promotions Coordinator, KLAK/KMKT/KMAD, 1700 N. Redbud Blvd. Ste. 185, McKinney, TX 75069 or Email: email@example.com. No phone calls.
ALPHA MEDIA, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.