The Blitzen Family Story:
This beautiful little family consists of a single mom with an energetic toddler and a young man who is in his awkward preteen years. As if being a single mom, working two jobs, and trying to care for her three children is not enough, she is also dealing with special needs. Her 12 year old daughter received a traumatic brain injury in 2011 and the past six years have been unimaginably rough!
This sweet little girl, barely in elementary school at the time, was without blood flow and oxygen to her brain for close to 40 minutes. This gracious family is so thankful to have their girl, even though she can never again do the things she once could do, which included riding horses and bikes. She can longer speak but continues to communicate through her amazing smile. She loves listening to music and clapping of hands puts a huge smile on her face. She also loves when her family visits her from Mississippi and Louisiana.
Adding another layer of difficulty to the family’s already challenging situation is the fact that the family moved here from Mississippi and have no family here, in Texas. The Blitzen family really has not asked for a lot and we believe as a community, we can make this the best Christmas they’ve had yet!
Physical Age: 12 year old girl
Developmental Age: Not Given
Clothing Size: Top/Jacket: Medium, Pants/Skirt: Not Given, Shoes: Not Given
Color preference of clothing: Green, pink & purple
Wish list: Night gowns (no pants, please), CD Player, iPad air case with stand, hand-held massager, lamp, pictures for wall, room decor (i.e. curtains, rugs, throw pillows, Twin bedding, etc.), coloring books, baby books, play make-up
Siblings of child:
11 year old brother:
- Clothing Size: Shirt/Jacket: Medium, Pants: 34/32, Shoe: 11 Men’s – likes the colors blue, black & red
- Wish list: nice slacks, ps4 controller, dress shirts, ps4 game: NBA 2K18, bike
23 month old sister:
- Clothing Size: Shirt/Jacket: 2T, Pants: 2T, Shoe: 6 1/2 – likes the colors yellow, pink & baby blue
- Wish list: dresses, dress shoes, tricycle, v-tech touch (desk activity)
Caregiver/parents holiday wish, want or needs:
- Mom Clothing Size: Shirt/Jackets: not given, Pants: not given, Shoe: Women’s 10
- Handicap van, Women’s Boots, Viva la Juicy stuff, portable DVD player, perfume, queen size bedding, laptop for the family, Tide/Gain laundry detergent, Clorox wipes, soap, cleaning supplies, paper towels