Here is yet another made up holiday for you: National Let’s Laugh Day!
As always, here are some stats about laughing:
1. 96% of people say they enjoy making others laugh.
2. 95% of us think laughing helps relieve stress.
3. 79% of us like our laugh. But if we could choose a different one, 45% would want an “infectious” laugh . . . 33% would want a “sweet” laugh . . . 14% said a “goofy” laugh . . . 5% would want a “belly” laugh . . . and 3% would want an “annoying” laugh. (???)
4. 77% of people think they’re funny. And 39% like to be self-deprecating and make fun of themselves to make people laugh.
5. 60% of Americans in relationships think they’re the “funny one.” That includes 68% of men, and 54% of women.
6. Only 33% of men and 29% of women said they laugh at least 10 times a day.
7. And the people who make us laugh the most are our friends, followed by our significant other . . . our kids . . . our siblings . . . and our parents.
via National Today