Here are the five most common red flags the average person knows about. But more than half of us still AREN’T aware of them . . .
1. Asking you to send money through a wire transfer or money order. Only 48% of people know it’s a red flag.
2. Promising a large amount of money if you send a smaller amount first. 47%.
3. A call or email that claims your social security number was compromised. 44%.
4. Someone who claims they’re from the government, and that you’ll go to jail if you don’t pay them. 44%.
5. A company with a name that’s SIMILAR to a well-known company. 42%.